Until further notice, City Hall remains closed to the public. All permit applications are accepted. Note: Compliance to COVID-19 mandates has created longer processing times. Building Permit applications are listed below.
Intake Appointment Requests are responded to in the order they are received. Please allow at least 5 business days for a date and time confirmation for your appointment.
Permit submissions will be handled in the following manner:
City Website Portal
Appointment Required with Permit Specialist
*For those who are unable to submit items via email, the Development Permit intake box is located by the front door to City Hall (address below) during business hours. To begin the process, a permit specialist will contact you with confirmation of receipt and an invoice for fees due.
Implementation of Phase 3 Construction Restart allows for scheduling of inspections. Your project must have issued permits on-site, require workers to be six-feet apart, and have a developed exposure control, mitigation, and recovery plan*. To schedule an inspection, call 425-775-9694. Please have your permit number and address ready.
*Washington State Department of Labor & Industries will enforce requirements for contractors to comply with comprehensive COVID-19 exposure control, mitigation, recovery plans and safety practices.
- Adult Family Home Permit and Checklist
- Affidavit of Application Status
- Building Permit - Commercial/Multi-Family
- Building Permit - Commercial/Multi-Family Submittal Checklist
- Building, Electrical and Fire Permit Fees 2021
- Certificate of Occupancy
- Commercial Electrical Permit Application
- Commercial Mechanical Permit Application
- Commercial Plumbing Permit Application
- Demolition Permit Application and Filing Requirements
- Fence Permit Application and Guidelines
- Low Impact Development Checklist
- Noise Variance Application
- Permit Contact Information - Required with all permits
- Permit Transfer Form
- Re-Roof Permit & Checklist for Commercial and Residential
State Building Code Council (SBCC) fees applicable to all building permits will be as follows:
- Residential Building Permits: $6.50 fee to the SBCC for each building permit
- Commercial Building Permits: $25.00 fee to the SBCC for each building permit. An additional surcharge of $2.00 will be applied for each residential unit after the first unit.