Building and Fire Permits
** Click here to view/submit electronic permit applications **
The City of Mountlake Terrace requires permits for remodeling activities. Application forms for permits and land use approval as well as checklists are provided below in a printable format. Please follow these steps before completing a permit application:
The Building permit applications/checklists below are in a "type-able" format -- so you can fill in information directly online. The document will open as a PDF. The fields that must be filled out are highlighted in light blue. If the form does not allow you to type, click the button that says "highlight existing fields" in the upper right-hand corner.
Once the form has been completed, they may be submitted in one of the following ways:
1. Email: PermitSpecialist@ci.mlt.wa.us
2. Fax: 425-775-0420
3. Hand-delivery to Interim City Hall, 6100 219th Street SW, Suite 200, Mountlake Terrace
It is important to provide all required documentation with the permit application. The required fee(s), payable by cash or check, is due at the time the permit application is submitted.
If you have specific questions or suggestions, please contact:
425-744-6278 for building or fire permits.
Please be advised that the new Master Permit Application will be required with all permits. We are revising our processes. In the future the information on the Master Permit Application will accompany completed checklists. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this transition.
Master Permit Application (also listed below)
- Certificate of Occupancy
- Building Permit - Commercial/Multi-family Intake Checklist
- Building Permit - Commercial/Multifamily Application
- Building Permit - Single Family Residential Building Application
- Building Permit - Single Family Residential Intake Checklist
- Demolition Application
- Electrical Application
- Fence Application
- Low Impact Development (LID) Checklist