- Parks & Trails
- Lakeview Trail
The Lakeview Trail is a one-mile, non-motorized, multi-use paved trail that promotes connectivity and a safe and healthy environment for exercise and non-vehicular commuting. Lakeview Trail extends from the heavily-used, regional Interurban Trail at 228th Street SW to the Mountlake Terrace Transit Center and Freeway Station located just east of Interstate 5 at 236th Street SW.
The 12-foot wide, paved Lakeview Trail separates walkers, joggers and cyclists from traffic along beautiful Lakeview Drive. Beginning from the Interurban Trail to the west, Lakeview Trail extends eastward on 228th Street meandering south along scenic Lakeview Drive adjacent to Ballinger Playfield with views of Ballinger Park, Lake Ballinger, and the Nile Shrine Golf Course and continues east along 236th Street, to Interstate 5 where an existing sidewalk continues to the Mountlake Terrace Transit Center.
- Connects the Interurban Trail and the Mountlake Terrace Transit Center to encourage walking, cycling and transit in lieu of automobiles.
- Encourages healthy activities for families and individuals with non-motorized access to recreational opportunities including Ballinger Playfield, Ballinger Park, Lake Ballinger Boat and Fishing Access, Mountlake Terrace Senior Center, and the Nile Shrine Golf Course.
- Improves a major segment of an east-west pedestrian/bicycle corridor across the city that is bisected by Interstate 5.
- Extends walking and bicycle connections with existing bike lanes and walking routes to provide better linkage of Snohomish and King Counties.
- Enhances pedestrian and bicycle safety while providing easier access to recreational opportunities, downtown core/retail, and employment hubs in Seattle and Everett.
- Links our community to transit facilities and greatly improves access to major employment centers as well as the University of Washington and regional attractions.
The Lakeview Trail creates a more vibrant Mountlake Terrace by linking the west and east sides of our city that are separated by Interstate 5. It improves non-motorized access to recreational opportunities with adjacent facilities. From the Mountlake Terrace Transit Center, one can walk through Veterans Memorial Park or along 236th Street to downtown Mountlake Terrace that includes the Library, Police & Fire Stations, Post Office, Recreation Pavilion and Pool, local businesses and schools.
In addition, Lakeview Trail provides convenient access to the Mountlake Terrace Transit Center with adjoining Freeway Station to improve connections to downtown Seattle, Everett, University of Washington, and the many amenities the region has to offer. In 2024, Lakeview Trail will connect residents on the west side with the Light Rail Station.