Dance Academy Classes
Fall Academy Registration Starts August 15th
Fall schedule available at the bottom of the page in pdf format or in the craze brochure.
ROCKSTARS Season Opening Workshop
August 24th 10:00 am -1:00 pm Ages 11-19
This workshop is the first, required day for all dancers participating in the 2019-20 season of ROCKSTARS. It's also an open workshop for anyone wishing to audition or just to see what the company is all about. Warm up, learn some upcoming choreography and get back into the groove before classes start. If you're new to the group please register for this workshop. If you'r already a ROCKSTARS company member please be sure to enroll in ROCKSTARS for the 2019-2020 school year.
To register call the front desk at (425) 640-3107 or go to www.digitalcraze.org and go to page 32.
Summer classes and camps are still going until August 23rd!
- Classes begin Monday Sept. 9th
- Halloween Thursday Oct. 31st No afternoon Dance or Fitness
- Veterans Day Monday Nov. 11th No afternoon Dance or Fitness
- Thanksgiving Eve Wednesday Nov. 27th No afternoon Dance or Fitness
- Thanksgiving Break Thurs. Nov. 28th - Sat. Nov. 30th No Dance or Fitness
- Winter Concert December TBD Traditionally 2nd week of December
- Winter Break Monday Dec. 23rd – Jan. 5th
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day Monday Jan. 20th No Academy Classes
- Second Semester begins Monday January 27th
- Presidents' Day Monday Feb. 17th No Academy Classes
- Spring Break Mon. April 6th – Sat. April 11th No Dance or Fitness
- Memorial Day Weekend Break Sat. May 23rd – Mon. May 25th No Dance/Fitness
- Recital Mandatory Rehearsal June TBA Traditionally Sun. before the show
- Spring Recital 2 shows June TBA Traditionally early June
- Last week for Yearly Dance June 8th – 13th
Our excellent staff provide instruction in Creative Dance, Creative Pre-Ballet, Ballet levels I-VI, Pre/Pointe, Lyrical, Jazz levels I-VI, Tap Levels I-IV and Tap/Ballet Combo, Hip Hop levels I-IV, and Irish Step levels I-V. These classes provide a structured approach to dance, with an emphasis on technique, creativity and building self esteem. We strive to bring each dancer to their best movement and artistic potential while remaining open and inclusive.
Students may register by semester, or for the full year and must be 3.5 years old by September 15th 2017. Dancers who register for the full year receive a discount. Students may enter the program any time until april 15th. However, all dancers will be evaluated in their first class for proper placement at the teacher and directors discretion to ensure all students are properly challenged. Students dancing in the fall have the opportunity to perform in the Winter Dance Concert. Spring semester dancers are invited to perform in our formal year-end recital. Good attendance, a minimum of 75% of classes before the performance, is required to perform in any show.
The Winter Dance concert is less formal; students borrow costume pieces to accessorize their dress code/classroom attire. Dancers have the option of purchasing a video of this performance. June Recital dancers are required to purchase costumes and attend a dress/stage rehearsal, and will have the option of purchasing recital photos and videos. Tickets will be available for purchase. Please see our dance program policies at the link below for more information.
- Never wear your dance shoes outside. Always change your shoes at the studio door.
- Everyone's hair must be secured off their face so they can focus on learning to move.
- Jeans and other non flexible fabrics are not appropriate for dance.
Boys - sweats or shorts and a plain t-shirt, bare feet
Girls - any color leotard, footless tights or leggings, bare feet
Creative Pre-Ballet & Ballet I-VI
Boys - plaint t-shirt, black tights or leggings, black leather ballet shoes
Girls - black leotard, pink tights, pink leather ballet shoes
Level II-VI must have their hair in a bun, pre-ballet & level I are practicing buns.
Tap & Ballet
Boys - plain t-shirt, black leggings, black leather ballet shoes & black tap shoes
Girls - black leotard, pink tights, pink leather ballet shoes, hair in a ponytail or bun
Tap / Jazz / Jazz combo classes / Lyrical
Boys & Girls - black jazz pants, plain t-shirt or leotard
Tap shoes, Jazz shoes, Bare Feet - respectively
Boys & Girls - clean dance sneakers that haven't been worn outside, sportswear
Irish Step Dance
Boys & Girls - sportswear, black ghillies or black ballet slippers
How to Register
- Read our Dance Program Policies
- Sign the policies acknowledgment form. Children 7 and older also need to sign!
- Fill out the registration form
- Fill out the Children's Emergency, Health and Development form
- Bring them all into the pavilion and turn them in at the front desk with your payment