The city takes the business of providing clean, safe and reliable water to you as one of our highest priorities. New water rates were recently adopted that will enable the city to continue providing a high quality water supply. Learn more about your water rates (PDF).
Water & Sewer Emergencies
For water or sewer line breaks, please contact our Public Works Department at 425-670-8264 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. For after hours emergencies, please call Snohomish County 911 NON-EMERGENCY number 425-407-3999 and they will reach our on-call staff.
Traffic Signals or Street Lights
If you have questions about the operations of traffic signals or about street lights in the City, please contact the Traffic Engineer at 425-744-6265 or email.
How to Report
The City of Mountlake Terrace provides water, sewer and storm water utilities within the city limits, and bills every other month for these services.
The City provides water service 24 hours a day, currently supplying nearly 2 million gallons per day of high quality drinking water to more than 6,000 homes and businesses.
The Utilities Division within the Administrative Service Department is committed to providing timely and accurate billings, collecting payments fairly and equitably, and meeting customer needs for information for service, information and occasional leniency during hard times.
- 2019 Utility Billing Guide (PDF)
- Account Change/Service Action Request Form
- Garbage Collection Schedules - Waste Management
- Garbage/Recycling - Waste Management
- Online Account - Manage, View Balance, Print or Pay
- Online Account - Instructions to Create (PDF)
- Online Utility Payments Through the City
- Public Utilities District - Electric
- Puget Sound Energy - Gas
- Utility and Lien Payoff for Escrow Services