Claiming Property

Property may be taken for: safekeeping, held when a person is arrested, or as part of an investigation.

To have property returned to you, you must submit a Property Return Request (PDF) form.

Some restrictions apply, especially with regard to firearms.

Property that is illegal to possess will NOT be returned and will be destroyed according to State Statutes.

Property will be returned by Appointment Only and only during regular business hours. If property is EVIDENCE it may not be released until the case has been through the judicial process.

Unclaimed property will only be held for 60 Days.

Mountlake Terrace Police badge