Engineering Construction Permits

During the implementation of Phase 2 Construction Restart, all permit applications will begin to be accepted at this time. Note: Permit processing times have increased. Please expect 2-3 business days for permit applications to be processed. Inspections are consistently scheduled 2-3 days after request as well. Permit applications are listed below. Compliance to COVID-19 mandates has created longer processing times for permits. Please email a Permit Specialist with all questions you may have: Submission of permits will be handled in the following manner:

City Website Portal


Appointment Required with Permit Specialist

  • Single Family
    • Electrical
    • Mechanical
    • Plumbing
    • Roof
    • Sewer Repair/New
    • Window Replacement (Only) Permit
  • Building Permit
  • Minor exterior work only to include roof overlay or re-roof
  • Siding and/or windows
  • Deck Permit
  • Driveway Permit
  • Fence Permit
  • Fire Prevention Permit
  • Shed Permit
  • Solar Permit
  • Utility and Communication Companies
  • Violation/Investigation
  • Wall/Rockery Permit
  • Water Meter
  • Civil
  • Commercial/Multi-family Building
  • Fire Alarm
  • Fire Sprinkler
  • Land Use
  • Low Voltage Electrical - Commercial
  • New Construction or Addition
  • Plumbing/Electrical/Mechanical Plan Review
  • Single Family Building Addition or Remodel
  • Tenant Improvement

*The Development Permit intake box is located in the second floor lobby of the interior of the building, by the door to City Hall. A permit specialist will confirm receipt and invoice fees due in order to begin processing

Your project must have issued permits on-site, require workers to be six-feet apart, and have a developed exposure control, mitigation, and recovery plan. Washington State Department of Labor & Industries will enforce requirements for contractors to comply with comprehensive COVID-19 exposure control, mitigation, recovery plans and safety practices.

Engineering Staff
Intake Appointment Construction Plans

Current engineering standards, guidelines, fee schedules, checklists and application forms are listed below. The Permit Contact Information Form is a requirement with most applications. Please refer to the proper checklist to determine if it needs to be included with your submittal.

Once the forms are complete, they may be submitted by hand-delivery, mail or courier to Interim City Hall, 6100 219th Street SW, Suite 200, Mountlake Terrace

It is important to provide all required documentation, specified on the checklists and guidelines, with the complete permit application. The required fee(s) will be due at the time the permit application is submitted. If you have specific questions or suggestions, please contact:
- 425-744-6267 for Building, Fire and Engineering permits
- 425-744-6284 for Planning and Land Use approvals
- Permit FAQ’s

Engineering Forms and Fees