Mountlake Terrace City Hall is currently open for passport services by appointment only.
All applicants must be present at time of application. Applicants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by both parents. Payment must be made by check or money order (NO CASH).
Passport Services Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday, 12 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The last appointment of the day is at 4 p.m.
Appointments must be scheduled by email, phone, or in person.
Prepare Your Application
Prior to your arrival, fill out the passport application online. This is for both first-time applicants and passport renewals.
Things to Remember
All questions on the application are about the person applying.
• Minors should use someone other than a parent as an emergency contact.
• Social security number is required for all applicants.
• Mother's maiden name is required.
• Spouse's maiden name is required.
• Use black ink only on your application.
• We only accept check or money orders for the passport payment. See "Current Fees" below for more information.
• Your emergency contact should not be someone you travel with.
• Visit Travel.State.Gov to learn more.
Two separate payments are required. One goes with your passport to Department of State. The other is payable to the City of Mountlake Terrace for processing.
|Item||Form of payment||Amount|
|Adult Passport Book||Check/Money Order (payable to Department of State)||$130|
|Adult Passport Card||Check/Money Order (payable to Department of State)||$30|
|Adult Passport Book and Card||Check/Money Order (payable to Department of State)||$160|
|Minor (under 16) Passport Book||Check/Money Order (payable to Department of State)||$100|
|Minor (under 16) Passport Card||Check/Money Order (payable to Department of State)||$15|
|Processing Fee||Check/Money Order/Credit/Debit card to City of Mountlake Terrace||$35|
|Expedite Fee||Check/Money Order (payable to Department of State)||$60|
|Photos||Check/Money Order/Credit/Debit card to City of Mountlake Terrace||$16 each|
For more detailed pricing, visit Travel.State.Gov
* Photos can be taken during the appointment time.
According to U.S. Department of State, processing times for routine and expedited applications are as follows:
Up to 13 weeks for routine processing
Up to 9 weeks for expedited processing
Mail times vary and delays have been significant. Plan ahead.
If you need a passport in LESS than 14 days, contact the Seattle Passport Office to schedule an appointment 1-877-487-2778.
Minor Passport Processing
Minors (under 16) must apply in person for both first-time passports and renewals. Passport for children under age 16 are only valid for 5 years. You will need the following:
• Both parents
• Birth certificate (original/certified copy)
• Check or money order
• Expired passport (if available)
• Recent Photo (taken within the last 6 months)
• Social security number
• Form DS-11
• List of acceptable documents at Travel.State.Gov
Visit www.travel.state.gov - Minors under 16 website for more information on renewing passports for a minor.
Passport Renewals for Adults
Adult renewals are done through the mail. Adult renewals only processed in person if:
• Your most recent passport has been damaged, lost, or stolen, or if it has been expired for more than five years.
• You were under 16 years of age when your most recent passport was issued.
For renewals by mail, you will need to mail the following:
• A certified copy of your marriage certificate or court order if your name has changed
• Check or money order (see fee chart above)
• Form DS-82
• One recent passport photo (taken within the last 6 months)
• Your expired passport
• More information on renewals at Travel.State.Gov
Video: How to renew your passport
Adults who were under the age of 16 when their last passport was issued must apply in person. You will need the following:
• Check or money order
• Expired passport
• Form DS-11
• Recent Passport Photo (taken within the last 6 months)